Ask More Questions
Selecting an individual or agency to design and develop your website can be difficult. Your website is a vital part of your organization or business and it’s import that the designer you choose has the experience and professionalism required to act as your partner through the entire development process and beyond. We’ve found that many web designers and developers submit proposal and quotes that do not contain all the information you need to make your decision. To help you better evaluate your proposals and potential designers, we’ve come up with the following questions you should ask before signing any contract.
Ten Questions to Ask a Web Designer
- Can I see examples of your work that are specific to my business or website goals?
- Who will I be working with on the project?
- What is the design process like? Will I be able to make changes if I don’t like the initial design concept?
- Who will be responsible for creating the content for my website?
- I have an existing website. How will the content be moved from my old site to my new site?
- How can I update my site in the future with new content?
- How long will it take to build my new site?
- What SEO (Search Engine Optimization) services are included in my site?
- Where will my site be hosted?
- Are there any fees other than hosting and web design/development that I should plan for?
In the next few weeks, we’ll be running a series of web hosts that further explore each of these questions.Feb 23rd, 2016 | Posted in: Blog