Update: The position has been filled. Congratulations Eli!
Thank you for your interest in the WordPress Custom Theme Developer position at Computer Courage.
Please read the job description below and then fill out the form to apply – do not submit applications by email.
Computer Courage is a business in Berkeley, California that provides web design and development, WordPress integration, graphic design, and IT services. We have a web development team of eight and are looking for a new team member to work full time in our Berkeley office. We are looking for a talented person to help with a wide array of development responsibilities.
- Create WordPress themes from scratch using PHP/HTML/SASS/JS (based on mockups provided by our designers)
- Create custom WordPress based functionality using functions/Template Tags (Portfolios, directories, member-only sections, and donations forms are common examples)
- Develop creative solutions in WordPress based on client and project manager’s requests
- Manage time-sensitive workload and meet project milestones and deadlines
- Coordinate and communicate with other developers, designers, project managers, and clients
- Strong HTML/CSS skills
- PHP experience
- WordPress.org programming experience (theme, plugin, codex)
- Responsive and mobile web design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 2+ years of web development experience is preferred
- Professional graphic design experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of Graphic Design and Typography are a plus
- Photoshop/Illustrator skills are a plus
Compensation is dependent on experience. This is a full time position with a health, retirement, and paid time off benefit package.
This job is in Berkeley, California. This is not a telecommuting job – only people who can come to our Berkeley office full time should apply.