Happy New Year! In preparation for 2015, we recommend taking some time to do a little housekeeping to make sure your website is ready for the new year. Here are some simple suggestions:
- Remove holiday messages. If you’ve added special holiday images, greetings, or offers to your site, make sure to remove them by January so that your site looks current.
- Update the copyright date. Your copyright date should be 2015 as of January. Good news: if Computer Courage built your website, this may happen automatically.
- Archive outdated content. As the years go by, content and articles on your site that were once relevant may now be irrelevant or outdated. Go through your WordPress control panel and unpublish the content that is no longer relevant.
- Update your team page. Make sure your “About Us” or “Our Team” page is reflective of your current staff. Remove the people who have left your organization and make sure to add the new ones.
- Add fresh content. Fresh content helps keep your site interesting, relevant, and improves your Google search rankings. Add a new blog post, news update, or rewrite the content on your homepage.